So I am sitting here from the computer terminal in the hotel lobby in Kauai. You may ask - what the hell is wrong with you? You are in Kauai, and you are updating your blog? Well, E crashes out about 8pm Kauai time (that is 12 pm Colorado time) and Tom and I aren't quite ready for bed that early. So typically after a quick walk around the resort, I end up here to check my email. Sorry I am not able to post pictures here yet of the trip - as I don't have a way to get them onto the computer here. Nor would I want to spend that much time doing so.
So here are a few lessons learned thus far on the trip:
1. Ellie will always ask for whatever beverage / toy I didn't bring with me. For example, today I had milk and water in the car, she wanted juice. I had cookie monster and Elmo in the car, she wanted Big Bird. Makes for an awesome car trip.
2. We hiked to the Queen's Bath yesterday. http://www.summitpacificinc.com/queensbath.html Totally awesome and I recommend the hike down the side of a cliff to get there. The lesson learned here is this - bug spray does you no good in the car. The hike down the cliff is in the jungle, and I left the bug spray in the car. I was fine on the way down, but on the way back up, Tom wanted to take some pictures. I was standing there holding Ellie and in the 1 minute it took Tom to take pictures, I recieved no less than 30 mosquito bites on my legs and arms. Fortunately, Ellie didn't recieve a single bite. I attribute my luckiness to using "nature's bathroom" and pissing off the mosquitos. Or maybe it was pissing on the mosquitos...
3. Don't take a 2 year old on a 5 hour catamaran trip. E did great - for the most part. We had a bit of an episode where she screamed for about an hour because she was sea sick, but that ended and she was fine the rest of the trip. However, I am sure that the captain would like to shoot us for having a 2 year old on the boat.
4. Walmart is still WT in Kauai. So instead of packing every little thing we might need on the trip, we figured we would just buy some of it here, like diapers, etc. Walmart is still trashy in Kauai.
5. If every tour / scenic location offered feeding animals, you would have happy children 100% of the time. We took E on a train ride around a plantation here in Kauai a couple of days ago, and they stopped the train so that the kids (and adults) could feed the pigs that they have on the plantation. That is all Ellie could talk about the rest of the day was the piggies. What Tom and I thought was funny was that the tour guide was raving on and on about their awesome Luau that they have. How great the food is, and how a lot of the food is raised on the plantation. In the next breath, he says, ok folks, we are going to stop and feed the pigs. I don't think that anyone else put it together, that these pigs were being raised for the Luau. Too funny.
http://www.kauaiplantationrailway.com/
Well, that is about all I know tonight. Plus, I am still swaying from the boat ride today. Off to bed I go. Its 9pm local time and the little miss will be up about 630am.
No comments:
Post a Comment