Last weekend, Tom and I wen car shopping. Not completely spontaneous, we were planning on getting a new car. As part of the plan, Tom was going to trade in his BMW. The dream car that he wanted for so long, and loved driving. The car had huge maintenance costs, and was about to hit 100,000 miles. It was time.
So while we were at the GMC dealer, buying my lovely new Acadia, Tom traded in his BMW. We were completely 100% honest with them when trading it in, including the fact that it was in an accident. We disclosed almost* everything about that car, or at least what we could remember. We got a fair price for it, based on its condition, and what we felt it was worth at trade in.
Fast forward to a few days later. Tom is out looking at the used cars on line at the dealership, and finds his car. He found it.
http://www.gobuickgmcparkmeadows.com/VehicleDetails/used-2004-BMW-325xi-Sedan-Lone_Tree-CO/1665051733
What is important to note: the car fax report reports that it hasn't been in an accident. I was furious. I didn't understand, so I contacted carfax. They stated that I could not add the information to the carfax report, only certified people are allowed to do that including dealerships. So the dealer is able to add the information to the report, but is unwilling because they won't sell the car.
This is just one of those things, that has totally ticked me off to no end. Just goes to show you the stigmatism that car dealers are labeled with, can be true. I am not saying all car dealers are like this, but they sure can be.
Ugh. Buyer beware.
No comments:
Post a Comment