That being said, I completely understand why I don't like the frosting on store bought cakes. They don't use any dairy (eggs / milk) in the frosting, because you would have to refrigerate the cake. Therefore, the sugar doesn't dissolve well in the liquid and shortening, and you get a grainy texture....
I digress...
So, as part of my standard MO I decided to make Ellie's 3rd Birthday cake, just like I had in years past. Except I had these dillusions of grangeour about what the cake should look like, how it needs to be Little Einsteins to fit into the theme, etc. So how was I going to make a Little Einsteins cake?
Well, I searched around on the internet, and found directions to make a cake with a rocket on top. I read through the directions, and decided that it wasn't too hard - and decided to go for it.
Mine did not turn out as well as I would have liked (and not nearly as good as the one I found on the internet) but it was recognizable, and the kids seemed to like it just the same.
Here are a few pics of the cake...

The cakes have been baked... 5 cake mixes later

Rocket has been shaped, and crumb coated....

Rocket has been placed on the base cakes, and everything is now crumb coated

Finally decorated... Just not that happy with the results

Cake is finished.
No comments:
Post a Comment