25 September 2010

Mackenzie 11 month Update

Mackenzie has been growing by leaps and bounds lately.  Both physically and developmentally.  I can not believe how fast she is growing up.  I certainly have those days where I want her to stay a baby forever, and then other days where I can't wait until she is big enough to talk back, walk, and eat normal food.  It is a hard balance for sure!

In the past month, Mackenzie got 2 new teeth!  We are up to 8 now!  She has also started cruising around the furniture, and becoming ever daring by standing straight up in the middle of the room.  She then proceeds to balance like a drunken sailor for about 20 seconds before she topples.  I remember this age all too well with Ellie, as it was when she got her very first black eye!  Hopefully we will avoid the black eye with Mackenzie.  However, she is still getting her fair share of bruises from her dare devil personality.

She has really started to show a liking for "people" food.  It is tough to try and get baby food in her anymore, but there are a few items that she really enjoys still.  Some of her favorite people foods are beef, ham, cheese, noodles, fruit (especially peeled grapes), peas, cheerios, and bread. 

Her hair is getting lighter and lighter as the days go by.  I really see the difference every month when I go to put her month birthday photo in the frame.  It is a great comparision.  It is also getting quite long.  We will probably be in for her first hair cut soon! 

She is starting to lose the baby chub.  Her thighs and cheeks have slimmed down a bit, but she is still a big girl.  I would venture to guess that she will still be in the 95% for height and weight when we go in for her annual visit next month.

Mackenzie - 11 months

No comments: