I have been waiting for Mackenzie's 9 month Dr appointment to update the blog with her "stats". Tom and I both took her to the 9 month appointment yesterday. Tom assured me that he could handle it, get all of the forms we needed, and ask all of my questions. I have no doubt that he could do it on his own, but I just had to go. How can I miss her appointment?
Yesterday, Mackenzie weighed in at 20.25 pounds and measured 28 inches. She is in the 75th percentile for height and weight - so slowing down a bit, which is totally fine by me. Even her head is slowing down, and allowing her body to catch up with it. Her head measured in the 70th percentile this go around.
The Doctor reassurred me on all my "momisms". I come up with these things that really bother me and that I worry about. Mainly from comparing one girl to the other (I know, tisk tisk!) but I can't help it. So Mackenzie's Dr re-assured me that everything was fine, and her development was right on track. Yea Mackenzie!
Within the past couple of weeks, we have really started to see Mackenzie's personality come out. What she likes, doesn't like, etc. She started to really crawl a couple of weeks ago, and this has showed us where she wants to go, what she wants to play with, all that fun stuff. Mackenzie has been able to "move" for about 2 months, but it was more scooting backwards / rolling in the direction of what she wanted, that kind of movement. The forward crawling movement just started within the past couple of weeks, and now, we can't keep her out of things. She always seems to go for the things that we don't want her to. Cords, Outlets, Ellie's freshly painted toenails, you know, things like that.
Here are a few pictures from Mackenzie's Ninth month of life! Happy 9th month Birthday baby girl!









No comments:
Post a Comment