24 March 2010

Mackenzie - 5 month update

I can not believe that it is already time for the 5 month update!  It seems like I just wrote the 4 month update last week.  Time sure is flying by.

Mackenzie has been sick her entire 5th month of life.  Unbelievable.  We are finally doing nebulizer treatments to hopefully help her kick the cough.  Unfortunately she wakes herself up most nights coughing.  So she isn't getting the best rest, but she still sleeps really well.

Mackenzie started on food this month.  We started with the lovely cardboard cereal they recommend, and have progressed to Sweet Potatoes, Squash, Apples, and Pears.  Mackenzie LOVES pears.  Although the other night, she did pass out while eating them.  I haven't seen her eat something so enthusiastically before.  I think we will probably move onto the greens next, as in peas and beans.

At her last Dr apt, Mackenzie was 16.5 pounds.  So even being sick for an entire month has not prevented her from gaining weight. 

She is doing awesome, and smiles all of the time.  She recently started giggling.  She is completely infatuated with her sister, and loves to watch her.  Last night, I was giving Ellie a bath, and had Mackenzie with me.  Mackenzie LOVED standing at the side of the tub and watching Ellie take a bath.  Later this week we will put both of them in the bath together.



Check back next month for more updates!

No comments: