12 June 2009

In the famous words of Bon Jovi, "Whoa! We are half way there!"

It's hard to believe that we are 20 weeks through pregnancy #2! In all actuality by the time you read this we will be well over the 1/2 way mark. 20 weeks down, and only 19 to go. For a couple of reasons my OB Dr has given her blessing to deliver at 39 weeks in lieu of waiting out the whole 40. I think that the main reason was that Ellie was born at 8lbs 8.8 oz, and she thought that I had suffered enough the first time.

So far this pregnancy is going well. Seems to be a bit more relaxed then the first, but the symptoms are the same, the way I am carrying the baby is the same, and my hormone swings are the same. Everything is the same, except kicked up a couple of notches. The poor boys I work with that have never been around a pregnant lady before will probably never be the same again.

The biggest complaint that I have is heartburn. I can look at food and get heartburn from it. This was very similar to Ellie, and no, she wasn't born with a ton of hair. In fact, you should remember the joyous occasion last fall when we were FINALLY able to get her hair into pigtails. I think that this is because with both Ellie and the new baby, I am carrying everything fairly high in my abdomen, so my esophogus is feeling the crunch. The Zantac seems to be helping (Thanks Leah!), which is a good thing, because I was burning threw Tums like they were my food source for the day. In fact, I wonder if the Tums were actually giving me heartburn.... hmmmm.

We had our 20 week ultrasound this week. Everything looks perfect, and healthy. We found out that we are having another girl! Tom and I both excited for this, as we have all the girl "stuff". So that will be nice. We are looking forward to the hair pulling screaming fights to start as soon as Baby #2 is old enough to walk and talk. I think Tom will be a little lonely being the only male in the Thorpe household, but he mentioned we could get a boy dog. I told him absolutly NOT. They pee everywhere. So it looks like Tom will be the only Man holding down our fort!

I think that I am going to design a custom t-shirt. The t-shirt will have the following items listed:
- No! You can't touch my belly
- I am due the end of October
- It's a Girl
- Yes, we have a named picked out.
- No, I won't tell you what it is.
- This is my second.
- Feeling fine.
- It's none of your business if we are having more kids.

Some of you have come up with your own good ideas for this t-shirt to make it more universal, to make it more like a checklist and ship it with a sharpie. I will get right on that after I finish designing my progressive brake lights, the new black box for airplanes, the stupid vacuum, and a couple other things on my To Do list.

So below is a photograph documenting the joyous 1/2 way point in the pregnancy. I was looking through pictures of when I was pregnant with Ellie, and there are not a ton, so I thought I would try and get a few while pregnant with this baby.

1 comment:

Eric Mericle said...

I think Stephen Colbert said it best when he said: "WOOOOOOOOOO!"