05 October 2008

The Cakes

I am not a huge fan of store bought cakes. It is mainly because of the frosting. It kind of makes me gag just to think about it. I also remember when I was a kid that my Mom made most of our Birthday cakes. So this year to continue this tradition I made E's birthday cakes for her party. It took me about 3-4 hours to decorate the two cakes. I think that they turned out awesome and just wanted to share the cakes with those of you that didn't get to see them.

I really enjoyed making them, and decorating the cakes. I sent Tom and E on about 1000 errands Saturday morning so that I could get the cakes decorated. Everything went well until I ran out of orange frosting half way through the Zoey cake, and the kitchen was such a disaster that I had to clean it up before I could make anymore frosting.



No comments: