07 July 2008

The North Pole

Over the long weekend, Tom and I decided to take E down to the North Pole. At first I was a bit concerned that there wouldn't be much for her to do down there, but I don't think that there was a single ride she couldn't go on. Some of the rides required the parents to go with the kids if they were under a certain height - but that was ok. So please ignore the fact that you will see Tom and I riding on absolutly ridiculous rides. It was not for our entertainment.


Here is Tom and Ellie at the "actual" North Pole. I guess the pole never melts - pretty impressive considering it was 85 degrees down there on Saturday.


Ellie's first ride of the day. The super twisty slide. She had a blast. I think we went down this one three or four times.

Ellie and the rocket ship. We picked out the prettiest one of course.




Ellie and I in a ridiculously small car. She liked this one as well. Anything with a steering wheel seemed to catch her fancy.



Tom and E on one of those wavy machines that goes forward and backwards. Mental note for all you parents out there that have yet to ride a ride like this with your kids.... PUT YOUR KIDS ON THE INSIDE!!!! Poor E was getting crushed by Tom the whole time.


E and I on the ornament ride. Here is an example of proper child placement on a ride that spins in circles.


E and I on the ladybug ride. All she could talk about was "BUGS" - she really liked this one.




E on the carousel. She loves to ride horses - regardless of whether or not they are real. Very cute.



The pictures below depict a "lessons learned"


This is E on the rocket ship ride, before it started moving. Tom and I thought that this was like any other ride - and she would really enjoy it. We were so wrong....



This is a picture of E on the same rocket ship ride after it started moving. Yes, it was really going that fast. Lesson learned? Don't put your kid on a ride that you haven't seen in full motion. Poor E - her little fingers were gripping so tight!


E and the fire truck. As we were waiting in line / watching this one move before we put her on it - she decided that she wanted to ride in the fire truck. She took her fire fighting duties very seriously. On a side note, Tom and his sister rode in this same car when they were little - except it wasn't a fire truck then, it was a little school bus, and on the front it said "Short Bus". Too funny.

Ellie and the boats. The boats have a much cooler paint job now, then when we were little. I think the picture I have of me in the boats involved red paint and wood paneling.
Tom and E on the ferris wheel.















Second to last ride of the day. The bombers with the gun mounted to the front. So not PC these days.

The last ride of the day was the train around the park. I didn't get any pictures of this, but E decided about 300 yards before the station, to chuck her water bottle out the side of the train. Tom had to run and get it once the train stopped.

All in all - it was a fun day.

No comments: